Thursday, September 15, 2022

Welcome!

 Hi all!

I'm Alison, random concerned citizen who grew up and graduated from Nyssa and has since moved away (I live most of the year abroad, in Europe) but I still have a heart for my hometown. Since I have a little bit of experience and a little bit of free time, I wanted to create this group. I kept hearing so many people say that the parks suck, the town is empty and boring, there's nothing to do, no one knows what's going on, there aren't enough local events, etc. 

Well, apparently we need to fix a couple things!

Honestly, all of this is the responsibility of the city (in my opinion) so I don't want to be doing this forever,  at least not for free LOL. I only want to help organize something that maintains itself and sort of get things back on track.

I created the Parents for Nyssa Parks to hopefully reach people who feel the same. They want nice parks and they're willing to show up to a city council meeting or fill out a survey or bring down a donation in order to make it happen. We have an amazing community! It just seems like we are disjointed and disorganized. Again, this is the city's job to fix! But if they're not going to, I will! And then I'll hand them the finished product and say: This is how you're supposed to do your job.

Or I'll volunteer and work with them to make it happen. I really don't care how it happens, but I want Nyssa to be a nice community with great public spaces. If someone gets in my way, I'll go around them.

You in?

Poke around on this website and let's get to groovin'

You can take the citizen survey here

You can join our Facebook Group Message Chat here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

 Hi all! I'm Alison, random concerned citizen who grew up and graduated from Nyssa and has since moved away (I live most of the year abr...